Friday, August 25, 2006

Typical Thursday.....or was it?

Morning all. Yeah its Friday.....!! I'm excited. We start bowling in our Winter League tonight...or at least its the first meeting for it. Mike, Lindalee and I are the team, and we are actually hunting for the fourth bowler. We lost Danny (my nephew) from our last league. He basically doesn't want to commit to something like this for the whole winter. The Bowling league doesn't end until May of 2007, so I suppose I understand. I just love it though.

Yesterday was a typical Thursday. Nothing special....work, work and more work. Jo Beth is excited, she starts school today. She is now officially a senior. I'm worried of course, that means its not too long, and we'll have to be figuring out how to send her to college. God, its not something I'm looking forward to.

Hey Guess what?? My girlfriend Heather came by the house after work, and I was very excited to see her. I always am. We have such busy lives and its difficult to get together sometimes. We do lunch when we can, and email when we can. I just wish we had more time, as I really do enjoy her company, and its always such a treat when she's able to stop by.
We would get more one on one time if I stopped by her place, because at my house its always a zoo of people. Lindalee, Cheyenne, and Ciera were there. Lee Ann and my new granddaughter Cali was there too. Of course Mike and Jo Beth, and yes....poor Heather having to deal with all of us.

I need to take an evening and go over to Heather's house and drink a few glasses of wine and just relax and shoot the breeze. She'll be leaving me soon. She's moving over by Durham-Raleigh to live with her boyfriend Clay. I will definitely miss her. But I wish her the best of luck, and happiness. Here's a picture of her with Clay. Isn't she a cutie??

There's something about Heather.....let me see if I can explain her. She is this very cool mix of precious insecurity, intense passion, emotionalness (is that a word?) and this cute wild side about her. She is an eternal teenager, and I'm very jealous of her!!. She is beautiful, and adorable at the same time. She has this smile that lights up a room, and this awesome laugh to go along with it. Very contagious.
She is a good friend, and you feel it when your with her. She makes you feel your important, always putting her own feelings aside. She is an "Actual" listener. She asks nothing of you...but will give you all she's got!! I love her, I do....and I will sorely miss her when she leaves. I know we'll be friends for a long time though, so I'm not worried.

I met Heather while I was working for the last Engineering firm I was with. I left there over 2 years ago, and so did she. Now we work for different firms, but still remain friends. Heather just lost her dad recently, and I felt so bad for her and her sisters and her mom. She has come through it like a champion. Strong I tell you...even though I know she doesn't think so.

I envy her for her independence, and her strength and her kindness! Oh...I know I'm a survivor, but its nice when you see another women being the same. There's this Woman Kindship....

I just wanted to say "You take care of you sweetie"...and remember Heather, I'm just a phone call away, a drive away and a glass of wine away!!!! Thanks for being you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home