Monday, August 14, 2006

The Weekend...

Mom......she is just too much. Her and Jo Beth went Goodwill shopping. Mom likes her weekends where she can take the day, get lunch, grab one of the kids (mostly Sherianne) and go shopping at GoodWill. She gets all kinds of things......she just kills me. "You don't need her back at any specific time do you" she asks of Jo Beth. I told her "of course not Mom", as I was already aware from her prior outings that it could be an all day ordeal.
And then she came and told me all about they're great deals. Jo Beth got these two pocket books, one that kind of green chacky (sp) material. She likes it as she is part of the JROTC Drill team and she says its kind of Armyish. Mom picked up these great dress pants etc. Mom has always been a great yard-saler way back. My childhood memories were of my mother disappearing on the weekends, (sometimes I got to go) or she would find some unwanted item to restore in someone's garbage. I must admit, my mother was always very good at it. The items just about looked brand new by the time she was done.
I have inherited her love of used items, as I attend Auctions quite often. Every chance I get as a matter of fact.

Nothing fancy this weekend. Checked out "Pulse" the horror flick this weekend. In my opinion, don't waste your time or money. It was just terrible. Story line was awful, ending was empty. Just not worth my 1 hour and 45 minutes to sit there. The movie theatre was nice. Its the new "Grand" in Winston Salem. Reclining chairs....very comfortable. Disappointing movie though.

George, Mom and all my girls, the grand babies and Mike were all at the house yesterday. Just sitting out on my side porch enjoying the sun go down, and drinking coffee. It made for a nice afternoon/evening. Here's a couple pics of Lee Ann and Jeff with Cali in the hospital.













They came out sort of dark, but I think you get the idea.















All in all a good weekend. I'll check back later......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home