Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Sad News........

My sister Karen was just diagnosed with Graves Disease today. http://www.4woman.gov/faq/graves.htm I'm very sad about it. Its something to do with her thyroid. I know its not as serious as cancer, or anything like that. I just hate that she has to add anything to her "plate" right now. Karen is very strong, handles an enormous amount of responsibility. Works under the blanket of stress daily. Which is probably why she is having to deal with this right now.

I suppose it goes back to the old cliche', "What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger!" I would have to say that applies with most of us in my family. We have all been through a lot. Not that I would change anyf of it, because I wouldn't. It makes me who I am. Its just that we have survived it all, and now are awaiting the next phase of our lives. Whats next, God forbit an illness, heart ache, a death in the family. I hope not. It could be a promotion, lottery winner, a new baby? And again, such is life. We will wait...patiently.

As for Karen, I know she'll pull through...shes a survivor. She's my sister....she doesn't know any other way to deal with it, but to overcome! My prayers are with you honey. I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home